Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

I have had a lot of growth in this course that I have seen since the first week. I feel like my mind has drifted more from being fixed to the growth aspect. I have pushed myself to set goals and constructively take feedback and learn from other people. I think my weakness throughout this course have been my ability to open my mind to write more creatively. I struggle sometimes when writing my story. I also think that I play it safe and take the easier options just because of time management. I need to be better at setting my priorities. I have not followed along with my schedule this semester, just because of other things coming up. Towards the beginning of the week I try to get a lot of things done, but I struggle at the end of the week with things I have left. I can definitely use this class to work on the weaknesses I have by following more of my schedule and working on time management. Having a lot of classes at once can be difficult, especially with so many assignments due during one period of time. Staying focused will help me with this weakness to not procrastinate and to get things done. I love how this class has given me so many options and choices instead of one fixed schedule. I think it has helped me to grow and not stay fixed on just one subject. In addition, I have also been able to see so many aspects of writing and learning.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily, I seem to have a similar problem when it comes to managing my work for this class. I usually start of the week great and get all my assignments up to Wednesday knocked out, but finishing the weekend assignments is where I struggle. If it weren't for the flexibility and grace period offered in this class, I'm not sure how I'd be doing in this class. Keep up the good work and finish the semester strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Emily! I have also noticed a lot of growth in myself since the first week of classes. Setting goals, taking feedback, and learning from other people has probably been one of my favorite parts about this class. I also struggled with writing creatively at the beginning of this class because I was playing it safe. After I stepped out of my comfort zone, my stories became much better.

    ReplyDelete