Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Reflecting over the first half of the semester, I think I have made some good choices regarding the reading assignments that I have chosen. This class has allowed me to read a variety of stories from different parts of the world. I have been able to see some similarities and differences in the styles and types of stories that have been told. Along with that, this class has allowed me to become a more creative reader and writer. One of my favorite readings was "The Life of Buddha". I knew a little bit about the story, but not the whole aspect of it. I think the story itself allowed me to be creative with my story that I wanted to tell. There are so many twists that I could have added and it was definitely a fun read. For the reading notes this semester, I have found them more helpful to analyze the different stories. It has allowed me to take a moment and pause to brainstorm different routes that my new story could take or different ideas that could inspire an entirely new story. I have never really taken detailed notes on different stories, so I have found them very helpful. I think I am improving each week that I have to do them, which is great. Thinking about what I want to read in the weeks to come, I am excited for the Native American Section. Before moving to Oklahoma for college, I did not know a lot about the history of Native Americans and how vital they are to society. They were very creative people, so I can only just imagine what their stories will be like!

Throughout this semester, I have definitely written more stories than I ever have for any class. Although sometimes I struggle to be creative and write, I have enjoyed the challenge of writing them. I have never considered myself a writer, so these stories have tested my ability. I think I am happy with what I have done so far considering I do not do a bunch of creative writing. With that being said, however, I think there is a lot of room for improvement. I want to write stories that draw people in and use vivid detail. Hopefully the my stories will keep improving each week!

For my storybook, I am very happy with my topic of choice. I think it will be somewhat challenging to keep up with new and creative stories that stem from a certain topic. I love animals though, which I think will be fun to make them more realistic and humanized. I like the concept of a Law and Order case for animals. It is one of my favorite shows on TV and it will be exciting to have new cases each week.

When I read other peoples stories, I admire a lot of the different qualities that people use. I like the dialogue and description. I think that my stories could use more of that. I think at first my comments on other people's stories weren't as detailed as they are now. I have improved on that aspect. To provide better feedback in the future, I think I should use the suggestions that you have provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment