Monday, February 27, 2017

Tech Tip: Canvas Notifications

For this Tech Tip, I decided to set up my Canvas notifications for my classes. After downloading the Canvas app, I have been getting a lot of unnecessary notifications for when people post their discussion and for when a teacher uploads a document. I thought this would be a good lesson for me to learn how to set up and configure things just how I want them to. I really just want to receive notifications for when a grade has been added and when a teacher comments on something. I usually check canvas out daily for each of my classes so I don't want random notifications. After watching the tutorial, I found it helpful that I am able to customize my Canvas to receive notifications for certain things only. It was helpful because it allows me to minimize the notifications I receive for unnecessary things. I would recommend setting this up!


1 comment:

  1. This would be very helpful! I am in another online class where we are required to post several discussion posts. As a result, I am bombarded with email notifications but I have just been too lazy to change the settings on Canvas to prevent this from happening. I am on Canvas every day as well, so I think it would be beneficial to filter the number of notifications. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete