Monday, April 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm; Part A

"The Frog Prince" was a very cute story to read. I thought there were so many changes that could be made to personalize the story. The whole story deals with a princess that loses her ball in the water. She asks a frog to help her retrieve it. The frog does so, asking the princess for a favor and she agrees thinking it was a silly request of the frog. After the frog does as he is asked, he goes to the princess expecting to get what he asked for. At first, the princess is hesitant, but soon agrees to what the frog asked. After a few days of living with the frog, he then turns into a handsome prince one morning and they live happily ever after. I thought about a few changes that I could make to the story. The whole story I was thinking of how the prince actually turned into the frog? Maybe I could do a little back history on what happened to him. I also thought about making the princess a frog instead of them living happily ever after. Not all stories have happy endings for everyone.


Rapunzel was the next story that I read from Part A. I hadn't read the story in a while so it wasn't super familiar with the beginning of it. I thought that the story was a bit different than I had remembered. There are a few different changes that could be made to the story after reading it. I wish I had heard more of what happened to the parents and maybe even about Rapunzel's childhood. That would be different and new aspect. I also would have liked to go more in depth to what made the person want to keep Rapunzel trapped and what they did with the hair. 

"The Straw, the Coal, and the Bean"was another story from the Brothers Grimm section I enjoyed. It was about three completely different items that escape "death", but not being cooked or used to cook something. The three set out on a journey to another country to repair themselves, but ultimately were not too successful when they tried to cross a bridge. The straw and coal were injured as well as the bean. The story ends, however, with the bean being repaired. I think I could make the story continue with another adventure and them somehow meeting up again. 


Bibliography: Brothers Grimm LibriVox

No comments:

Post a Comment