Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Story Week 14: The Frog Kiss

Long ago there was a Princess named Hannah wandering through the tangled woods. She was a free spirit and loved to go off on her own. She always felt lonely and longed for something more in her life. One day, when she was playing with her ball in the woods, she accidentally dropped it into the murky waters down below. Devastated, she sat there and cried thinking about if she would ever get it back. The ball was expensive, and she had taken it from the King, her father. Worried what he would do, she cried for help. Maybe someone would come to her rescue..

Splashing the waters to look for signs of life she yelled, "HELLOOO is anyone out there?"

After waiting for a few minutes, Hannah hadn't heard anything from down below. She thought maybe she had frightened all the creatures... That was until all of the sudden a frog hopped up and sat beside her.

"What's wrong? You seem so sad my dear", the Frog exclaimed.

"Wretched creature I have lost a precious treasure that I took from my father."

*Hannah was grossed out at the sight of the ugly and slimy frog, but she was desperate*

"Oh my! Well, you are just in luck. I can help you solve your problem if you can help me solve mine.."

"I'm begging you Frog! You are my only hope. I will give you whatever you want."

Remembering this, the frog dove deep down into the waters to fetch the ball and return it to the beautiful Princess. Ever so thankful, she jumped with joy with all of her excitement. As she thanked the frog and was about to leave the frog began to speak.

"Princess, will you kiss thy lips of mine?"

Hannah thought about how gross the frog kiss would be, but was very thankful for what he had done. She lets her fears go past her and leaned in for a kiss.

*boom*

Long story short, after the kiss, the frog turned into a handsome young man. The Princess was in disbelief. She had never seen anything like him in all of her life. Falling head over heals for him, she asked him how he had become a man. Before this, she was grossed out at the thought of him.

"With your kiss I have come back to my human life. I was a human long ago until a spell cast me into an ugly frog. All I needed was the kiss of a beautiful Princess to grant my wish."

Princess Hannah was starstruck. She wanted to bring back the handsome man back to meet her family and thank him for what he had done for her. Although the man had wanted to go back with the girl, he had to tell her some bad new.

"Princess I must not go with you. For I am bound to the woods by the spell. You have restored my humanity, and I wish more than ever that you would stay with me here."

Not sure what to do, the Princess looked for signs all around her. She knew that if she stayed with the man she might not ever see her family again. She also knew that if she left, she might lose the love of her life...



Author's Note: The original story that I got my inspiration from was called "The Frog Prince".  I kept some of the storyline about the princess losing her ball, but changed the outcome for the most part. I added some dialogue as well just because I wanted to try something new. I changed the ending to where all it took was a kiss to change the frog back into a handsome man.


Bibliography
Brothers Grimm LibriVox

1 comment:

  1. Microsoft office has a different version, and the entire version has the different setup file office.com/ set up . Some of the version is Office 2013, Office 2016 and Office 365 etc. Go to www.office.com/setup . Norton is one of the most reliable antivirus providers in the market. Norton is delivering top rated protection from mobile devices and computers. Norton has 3 antivirus packages norton com setup .mcafee.com/activate McAfee have the complete set of features which can protect your digital online and offline life of the computing devices, and it not only help you to protect it install mcafee.If your PC is having a slow performance and you are facing problems due to this, then we can provide a solution to that. avira tech support . Our Avira Customer Support is open to those who have issues relating to downloading, updating or upgrading Avira Antivirus software avira antivirus phone number .We can also assist you to confirm your product if you are not sure about its validity. avira refund .

    ReplyDelete