Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Reading Notes: English Fairy Tales; Part B


I thought the first story for Part B was very cute. I also thought it was a little confusing with all of the names that the animals were given. It made me laugh every time I had to read the names over and over again though. Things then started to take a turn for the worst when some of the animals heads got chopped off. I was not expecting that. Maybe for one of my stories I should just throw something in the readers are not expecting and make them cringe a little. I probably would not make the names so confusing though, I feel like everything got very repetitive and was getting annoyed.

The next story was quite interesting. I don't really know why, but I have not liked the names of the characters very well. I think they should have included characters with more of a background or meaning to why they named something the way they did. I felt like there wasn't entirely a moral to the story either. I don't think I would choose to write something like this.

The next story I enjoyed until the end. Reading Jonny-Cake reminded me the of the old riddle. I was hoping the story would go more in to detail from the song and it did to an extent. The story also felt slightly repetitive again which I didn't care much for. The ending was again surprising and sad. I felt bad for Jonny-Cake, but also felt like he was bragging throughout the story. I think there are a few things I could do with this story to make it interesting.


BibliographyEnglish Fairy Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment