Sunday, January 29, 2017

Reading Notes: Aesop for Children, Part B

The second part of the reading included more short stories with lessons within them. The first story that grabbed my attention was "The Wolf and the Goat". It was about a Wolf wanting the Goat for as a meal so he tried to temp him by saying there was grass for the Goat. The Goat knew what the wolf was doing and politely declined. The lesson was not to be too selfish. There are a few things I could do to this story to transform it if I was to remake it my own. I could have made it more adventurous and had the Goat falling. Just when the Wolf thought the Goat would be his I could somehow give the Goat wings to fly or make him vanish like it was just a figment of the Wolf's imagination. I think I could transform it to bring different things to life that shouldn't be. For instance, the Goat was standing on a cliff and I could bring the cliff to life and scare the Wolf waiting for a meal.

(The Wolf and the Goat; Web Source

Another story I enjoyed was "The Dog and the Oyster". I love how the author pairs together some of the most insane things throughout his story and I think that is what makes them so unique. In my story I think I want to pair together an interesting duo. It was also funny that the dog was eating a whole egg. That is weird and almost unheard of, but could be funny to include random things like that in my next story. It would have been fun to extend on the story and to bring the eggs to life inside of the dogs stomach... in fact I might do that in my next story. Stay tuned.



Bibliography: 
Aesop for Children by Milo Winter; link to web source

No comments:

Post a Comment