Thursday, January 19, 2017

Time Management

(Illustration by Pete Gamlen; Web Source

I felt this assignment was very interesting and could apply to not only this class, but my schedule as a whole. I struggle with managing my time and how to prioritize certain tasks. I always feel like I have so much to do, but then I end up putting things aside to other things that seem more important at the time. Reading a few of these articles gave a good insight into the world of procrastination and having a "busy" schedule.

The first article I found interesting was "How to Beat Procrastination" by Caroline Webb. I clicked on this one first because I am always looking for solutions to doing my work on time and not getting behind. Webb asks us to dig deeper and think about the outcome. Not only does she want us to visualize and publicly commit, but she also thinks people should look at the bad side of situations as well. Overall I liked how she broke tasks down and gave solutions for not procrastinating and building up to certain tasks we want to accomplish.

Another article I really enjoyed reading was "Why time management is ruining our lives" by Oliver Burkeman. I thought it was funny because the assignment is about learning to manage our times and the title of the article contradicts it. The further I read, however, I had to agree with what Burkeman had to say. One thing I really took away from this article was that we all want to be able to manage our time, but in this society that we live in there are always things coming up and happening. This makes us more overwhelmed and unable to complete tasks in a timely manner. The end of the article put things in to perspective for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment