Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites


This storybook really caught my eye because of the play that it took on one of my favorite TV shows, Gossip Girl. The author added a fun and whimsical twist to the story based in Hawaii. She started out by drawing in my attention on the secrets behind the picturesque place of Hawaii. I think the layout of the page storybook and design was easy to navigate and related to the story as well. The author also did a good job of leading to other posts because of how mysterious "Gossip Girl" is. Additionally, I liked how similar it compared to gossip girl, but changed lifestyles. 



I really enjoyed this fun twist off of the "Princess Diaries". The author was able to draw my attention in, because a lot of the time you do not always get to hear how men are feeling in situations. There was a lot of mystery in the introduction, which made me want to keep reading. I feel like that is a good aspect for stories. In addition, the layout of the page was very clean, but could have used a little more excitement. I enjoyed the pictures of the actors and it made me want to figure out what exactly is going on in their head/journals. I like the whole concept of "role reversal". Men can show emotion too, and I think that is great! 


(James Franco and Armie Hammer; Website


I thought this storybook was really cute and creative. I am a huge animal lover (if you can't tell from my introduction post), so I enjoyed the concept. It was funny how the introduction was like a news letter to the parents of different animals about a daycare called "Sunshine Daycare". The author included a lot of information, and the pictures of the puppies were adorable. The site was easy to navigate, but I thought the storybook design could have been improved just a little bit. Overall, this daycare made it seem like something I would want to be a part of. The stories looked interesting and as if they were life lessons from the adventures of the animals. 

(Three puppies; Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment